What is EPF or Employee Provident Fund?
If you want to check EPF Balance then we are here to tell you everything about how to check EPF balance online using the EPF Portal or EPF Online portal and going to the EPF Member login page.
We’ll instruct you everything about the EPF and related topics.
EPF or Employee Provident Fund is a government regulated program specifically for private sector employees that acts as a retirement benefit scheme that helps a private sector employee after his/her retirement.
EPF or Employee Provident Fund was launched very early in 1951 and since then, it has seen various amendments. The EPF scheme was originally launched by the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India.
According to the EPF Scheme, there is a fund named for the employee in private sector named Employee Provident Fund to which there is a three-folded contribution.
The contribution in EPF are as follows –
- Employee contributes 12% of his salary to EPF.
- Employer contributes the same amount as the employee’s contribution to EPF.
- Government adds extra interests on that amount to regularly increase the EPF final amount.
The EPF scheme is currently regulated by EPFO.
Related Topics to EPF Balance check are –
- epf balance enquiry ap – Information ahead
- epf balance uan – Information ahead
- epf balance check on mobile – Information ahead
- epf balance passbook – Information ahead
- epf balance sms – Information ahead
- epf member balance – Information ahead
- www.epfindia.gov.in balance check – Information ahead
- pf status enquiry – Information ahead
How to check EPF Balance online?
Now, since you’ve got to know how to check EPF balance, here is our guide about that.
Checking EPF balance might have various reasons including your need of money that you want to withdraw from your EPF Account. Thus before you do that, you want to look at your EPF passbook and find your current EPF balance so that you can remain assured and plan how to use that EPF current balance.
Thanks to our government, you can now check EPF Balance Online.
What used to be was that you need to visit the nearby EPFO Office to check your EPF balance for a very long time. It was only in 2011 that the EPFO decided to put the information online and then after by visiting that EPFO portal, you can login to the EPF member login section and check EPF balance online easily.
You can also find out more information in the online EPF passbook that has all other information like a bank passbook.
It has information about how much money was credited and when.
The EPF passbook also tells the amount of interest you get from the government as the additional amount for the EPF contribution scheme.
To check EPF Balance online, follow these steps –
- Launch the KYEPFB page which stands for Know your EPF balance page.
- Now go to the bottom.
- Look for the Click here to know your PF Balance option.
- Choose your state.
- Select your EPFO branch.
- Enter your EPF account number.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Click on I Agree option.
This is how you can get your EPF balance via SMS easily on your phone.
UAN Member Portal Login
- Go to following URL first – Link here
- Locate the option of ‘Activate your UAN’. Follow it to get a new page.
- Select ‘I have understood the instructions.’
- Find the UAN Activation form online.
- Enter UAN Number, Mobile number and your Member ID.
- Verify using OTP (OTP problem with UAN Portal?)
- Complete the UAN member activation
So this how you can get UAN Member portal login account online